Puzzle Publisher utilizes a page-layout interface to make creating, editing, and designing word puzzles easy. Unlike other puzzle making software, Puzzle Publisher does not restrict your ability to modify any puzzle document. There is no need to export your puzzle to third-party software, as all editing can be done from within Puzzle Publisher. Whereas other puzzle making software focuses on one or two types of puzzles, Puzzle Publisher has the ability to create 5 different types of puzzles. Puzzle Publisher can create crossword puzzles, word searches, magic squares, quotation puzzles, and framework puzzles. It is a great value.
Crossword Puzzle Features:
- Creates a crossword puzzle using customized words and clues. Supports up to 60 words.
- Move and resize the crossword puzzle within the document.
- Add a shadow to the crossword for visual appeal.
- Reveal a part of the crossword - give hints to the parts of the puzzle by revealing the letters at an adjustable percentage of the cells.
Word Search Features:
- Creates a word search using customized words and clues. Supports up to 60 words.
- Move and resize the word search within the document.
- Adjust the font of the word search letters for visual appeal.
- Form the word search into a customized shape. Design the shape and the generated word search will fit it.
Quotation Puzzle Features:
- In a quotation puzzle, the answers to clues help to decode a secret quotation. The quotation is custom - any quotation works. Each letter used is given a number - use the numbers to decode the quotation. Supports up to 60 words.
- Similar to a crossword puzzle, the answers to clues aid in finding the answer to other clues.
Framework Puzzle Features:
- A framework puzzle looks like a crossword puzzle, without the numbering. Fill in the grid knowing from a list of words grouped according to their letter size. Supports up to 60 words.
- Move and resize the framework puzzle within the document.
- Add a shadow to the framework puzzle for visual appeal.
- Reveal a part of the framework - give hints to the parts of the puzzle by revealing the letters at an adjustable percentage of the cells.
Magic Square Features:
- A magic square is an array of numbers which has an equal number of rows and columns. The sum of each row, column, and diagonal equal the same number. In this puzzle, the magic square has its numbers hidden with words put their place. Use clues to match the words with numbers. Since the rows, columns, and diagonal must add up to the same number, the puzzle is self-correcting. Supports up to 49 words.
- Move and resize the magic square within the document.
- Insert images, either from you hard drive or from the internet (from within Puzzle Publisher).
- Insert text and stylize it by font and color.
- Insert shapes like ellipses, squares, borders, and diamonds. Stylize the shapes with color.
- Built-in spell checker.
- Rotate any image, text, or shape object.
- Page-layout. You can use this feature to create any non-puzzle 8.5x11 document.